Wednesday 20 April 2011

Notes from the Hard Shoulder by James May

This is a fantastic book. Yes, it's by a host of Top Gear, but that's not the only reason. I actually found James May through his James May: Toy Stories series due to his building an entire house out of lego (with lots of engineers, obviously). I'm only a quarter of the way through, but I'm enjoying it so immensely that after only 43 pages, it feels like the satisfaction of reading an entire book. The vocabulary is very difficult, but the book is so funny that it's completely worth it to sit for hours glancing from the book on one knee, then having the dictionary on the other to flip through and find what a word is every other paragraph. But even that, some of the words are so modern that they weren't in my Mum's dictionary from the 80's. I highly recommend the book.



So I'm here to make a list of all the intelligent words I learn. They're not necessarily in order, but I try. I'll keep coming back to this entry to edit in new words until I finish the book, so watch this page if you're a word nerd.

Get ready for this. It's gonna be a looooooooooong list.
Julianna xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment